What are cookies and what are they used for?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, can be used to recognize the user.
Depending on the entity that manages them, it can be:
- Own Cookies: They are sent to the user’s computer from the computer or domain that provides the requested service.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain managed by an entity other than the one that provides the service that the user intends.
Depending on how long they remain active, cookies are classified as:
- Session Cookies: They are only active while the user accesses a website.
- Persistent cookies: The data remains usable and accessible to the person responsible for the installation of the cookie for the period set by the latter and which goes beyond the end of the session.
Cookies are very useful for the user, because thanks to them, many of its functionalities of its use will not be possible. The cookies used are not harmful and can be used only during the user’s session, for a certain period of time or permanently.
List of cookies used on this website.
|_ga||Google LLC||2 years||They are used to distinguish users||2|
|_gat||Google LLC||1 minutes||They are used to distinguish users||2|
|_gid||Google LLC||24 hours||They are used to distinguish users.||2|
|_gaexp||Google LLC||30 days||It is used to determine the inclusion of a user in an experiment and the expiration of the experiments in which he participates.||2|
|_ym_isad||Yandex LLC||1 day||These cookies are used to measure and analyze the traffic of this website.||2|
|_ym_uid||Yandex LLC||2 years||These cookies are used to measure and analyze the traffic of this website.||2|
|yp||Yandex LLC||10 years||These cookies are used to measure and analyze the traffic of this website.||2|
|yandexuid||Yandex LLC||10 years||These cookies are used to measure and analyze the traffic of this website.||2|
|i||Yandex LLC||10 years||These cookies are used to measure and analyze the traffic of this website.||2|
|yabs_sid||Yandex LLC||Close browser||These cookies are used to measure and analyze the traffic of this website.||2|
|cfduid||GMO GlobalSign Ltd.||1 year||Validates the domain certificate||2|
|cookieconsent||Covex INC||1 year||Prevents the appearance of the Cookies information window, once accepted.||2|
|CRM||Covex INC||Close browser||Check that you have clicked on “Sign in, I am a health professional”.||2|
The cookies above, incorporating a criterion of “level of intrusiveness” supported on a scale from 1 to 3, where:
- Level 2: corresponds to anonymous cookies for internal use necessary for the maintenance of content and navigation, as well as cookies managed by third parties within the framework of services expressly requested by the user on their websites (e.g. Facebook or Twitter Social Plugins).
Level 3: corresponds to cookies managed by third parties within the framework of services not expressly requested by the user, allowing tracking through websites of which COVEX INC is not the owner (e.g.: display advertising management platforms). The specification of this level is accompanied by its owner. The use of level 3 cookies is subject to the user’s prior permission by expressly confirming his/her acceptance.
How to disable or delete cookies.
Cookies are very useful for the user, because thanks to them, many of its functionalities of its use will not be possible.
If, despite this, the user wishes to disable or delete cookies, either in their entirety, or those that detect the use of navigation for behavioral advertising purposes, you can do so at any time through the cookie management features of your browser. Below are the links to the four main types of browser available on the market:
- FireFox, http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Internet Explorer, https://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx
- Safari, https://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=search&type=suggested&locale=en_US&q=cookies+safari&src=globalnav_support